Despite inclement weather in the Washington D.C area, Counter IED Training Forum will run as scheduled.
DOWNLOAD LATEST BROCHURE
Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) are makeshift weapons that range from small pipe bombs filled with military grade C4 explosives to hundred pound fertilizer road mines. Counter IEDs have been the thorn on the military’s side for years. Regardless of the amount of solutions created, money invested, or targets neutralized; IEDs simply continue to be the leading cause of casualties in the Middle East.
The Defense Department spends billions on countering this problem and has chipped away at the number of casualties and fatalities. However, adaption of the weapons remain. Once a specific IED threat is ‘solved’ with a particular device, the insurgents respond by developing a new IED to circumvent that solution. This cat and mouse game has been in action for the past decade in the Middle East and now it’s spreading to other parts of the world (South America and Africa).
IDGA’s flagship 8th annual Counter IED Training Forum returns this January with a focus on the withdrawal from the Middle East. It will investigate and display the IED community in a post-Iraq/Afghanistan world as the fight develops on our shores and those of our allied nations.
- Summarizing the general state of the IED fight from the eyes of those leading the charge: Perspectives, objectives and challenges of JIEDDO, DHS, CTTSO, and other agencies
- Understanding the international IED fight. Delving into the threats that our allied nations face in South America and Africa
- Framing the Domestic IED threat: Is this an issue DHS/DoD and local law enforcement are prepared to handle or are there significant gaps that need to be addressed for CBRNE/IED threats?
Why Attend Counter IED Training Forum?
- 25+ high profile speakers from NATO, ONR, Navy School of Ordnance Disposal, CTTSO, OSD and more
- Over 20 in-depth sessions covering latest CIED strategy and solutions to end the threat of IEDs
- IDGA's largest international presence to date with speakers from Kosovo, Colombia, Greece, Denmark and NATO
- Warfare Training and Feedback Focus Day will kick off the 3 day event
- Unparalled networking opportunities - IDGA's Counter IED portfolio of events have attracted over 2,000 government officials, industry stakeholders, and leading experts
Who Will You Meet?
In previous years, IDGA’s Counter IED Training Forum has hosted the military personnel, vendors and academia who aim to significantly change the amount of IED-related casualties. You will have the opportunity to interact with senior level professionals from the following areas:
View the past attendee snapsot
- Directed Energy Technology
- Training and Route Clearance
- Explosive Ordinance Disposal
- Attack the Network and COIN
- Home Made Explosives Detection
- Robotics for IED Defeat
- Standoff Detection
- Jamming and Abatement Efforts